- Manage supply quality effectively.
- Develop and maintain supplier quality assurance to maintain a positive supplier relationship.
- Ensure all final food products meet safety requirement/standards.
- Communicate verbally to supplier on the function of food safety systems existing at the facility.
- Monitor the quality and consistency of materials from both existing and new suppliers and prioritize future procurement from these suppliers.
- Create inspection records when materials are received to ensure tracking of all inspection activities
- Perform tasks of tracking and management of supplier qualifications, audits, non-conformances, or corrective actions.
- Evaluate suppliers’ manufacturing process, including product performance, process capability and food safety and quality system review.
Education and Qualifications:
A minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Food Science , Biotechnology or Food Technology is required. Experience in a food manufacturing environment is an asset.
Desired skills include:
- A team player
- High motivation, capacity to learn
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge of quality and food safety standard
- Strong leadership, management, and organization skills
- Capable of building collaborative working relationships
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sound working knowledge of the quality documentation process, document control practices, and record keeping.