Journalists cover all events of interest for producers and others with interests in the agricultural industry, as well as gather news for magazines or newspapers often read by rural and urban people.
- Gather news by observing, interviewing and researching relevant topics/events in agricultural industry.
- Interview relevant people in the industry.
- Supply material to television and other broadcasting companies.
- Write articles for newspapers and magazines.
- Takes photographs, reports on and write feature stories about farm fairs and livestock shows.
Education and Qualifications:
Degrees in agricultural journalism, general journalism or some field of agriculture. Must have an avid interest in all aspects of agriculture.