- Develop and manage a sales territory in particular area of focus.
- Achieve assigned sales quotas and initiatives within companion and food animal sectors.
- Meet business objectives including achieving a sales budget whilst managing expense budgets.
- Maintaining communication with clients and updating territory call reporting on a timely basis.
- Keep up to date with product knowledge and current market trends.
- Build relationships with various customers including veterinarians, industry associations and organizations and strategic partners.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to engage producers and veterinarians
- Excellent knowledge about the product and how it would be useful and effective to the consumer
- Highly business savvy
- Excellent knowledge regarding most aspects of animal health, especially with diseases and parasites.
Education and Training:
Post-secondary education required generally in business or agri-marketing fields.
Wage and Salary:
Average hours worked: 39.8 hours per week
Average wage: $35.63 per hour
Average salary (Alberta): $73,668.00 per annum
Sales Associate – for more information on salary expectations, visit www.payscale.com.
Outside Sales Representative – for more information on salary expectations, visit www.payscale.com.
Regional Sales Manager – for more information on salary expectations, visit www.payscale.com.